Rangjung Yeshe UK — Gomde Lindholme Hall
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Rangjung Yeshe UK (RYUK) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. What personal data do we hold?
We collect and retain personal data for:
Individuals who attend our events and retreats
Suppliers of products and services
We hold the following data:
Contact data for volunteers, guests, suppliers and staff
Details of bookings for events and retreats, and a record of previous attendances
Sensitive data related to bookings and volunteer applications (such as health or personal circumstances) that may be relevant to attendance at one of our events or during the volunteer recruitment process
We expressly do not hold:
Banking or credit card data unless given to us for a purpose (e.g. an expense)
Cookies or any means of tracking an individual’s use of services on the internet other than through direct applications where the data is freely given
4. How do we process your personal data?
RYUK complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To inform you of news, events, volunteering opportunities and study programmes running at RYUK;
To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
To manage our employees and volunteers;
To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications).
5. What is the legal basis for processing your data?
Explicit consent from you so that we can keep you informed about:
– Our newsletter, events, activities, study programmes and other services organised by RYUK.
– Opportunities to participate in the development of RYUK including volunteering and fundraising.
When processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations.
This includes processing in relation to Gift Aid, under employment, social security or social protection law.
The legitimate interest condition is relied upon when we process your personal data for the purpose of complying with your request. For example: enrolment/registration for events, study programmes, processing volunteer applications administering your donation (including for the purpose of financial auditing). We do not collect sensitive data about you unless there is a clear reason for doing so.
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone outside of RYUK. We will only share your data with third parties outside of RYUK by obtaining further consent from you.
– We use Google Workplace to store all data we collect digitally, share documents between staff and volunteers, online forms (google forms) and email. You can read their policies on data protection here.
– We will enter client and supplier details necessary to process payments and generate reports on that system. You can read their privacy statement here.
– We use HSBC for our financial transactions. We will enter details of anyone we pay on there to facilitate payments. You can read their privacy statement here
7. Our website
Our website does not collect cookies. We also connect via Facebook (see their privacy notice here), YouTube (see their privacy notice here,) Instagram (see their privacy notice here). However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this and other sites.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in our Data Retention Policy.
9. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
– The right to request a copy of your personal data which RYUK holds about you;
– The right to request that RYUK corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
– The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for RYUK to retain such data;
– The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
– The right to request that RYUK provides you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability);
– The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
– The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
– The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
10. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this Privacy Notice, we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
11. Contact Details
The processing of data is overseen by the Directors of RYUK (Data Controller).
Regarding day-to-day data protection inquiries please contact us on:
Rangjung Yeshe UK
Gomde Lindholme Hall
Lindholme Bank Rd,
Hatfield, Doncaster DN7 6DT