How will the monastery and temple benefit?Growing a Monastic community. Thubten Chökor Ling will provide a safe, secluded and supportive base for the authentic Dharma to be studied, reflected upon, practised and taught. It will be a home for a monastic community with lay support to gather and support one another in a shared endeavour.A significant place of gathering
– Thubten Chökor Ling will provide a blessed and protected place for great Dharma gatherings. It will also be of spiritual, educational and cultural interest to adults, young people and children from the UK and further afield.Buddhist scholars and practitioners
– Offering exemplary teachings and rare facilities, Thubten Chökor Ling Monastery and Temple will serve Buddhist practitioners and scholars helping deepen their knowledge and insight. As a place of authenticity and excellence it will directly help beings move step by step towards liberation.Future generations of practitioners
– the buildings form the home for the source of the Dharma, the monastic sangha. This provides the conditions for the teachings to flourish long into the future and be accessible to all those who have interest. The local area
– Attracting many visitors, Thubten Chökor Ling will have a positive economic impact locally as we use local traders and crafts people. Additionally we hope to attract a number of visiotrs therby helping local businesses. The local community
— Thubten Chokor Ling will provide many opportunities for volunteering, enhancing and sharing skills, developing a culture of kindness and bringing meaning into the everyday. As all are welcome to become part of the project this will have a positive ripple effect for the local community. It will additionally increase local opportunities for well-being and spiritual growthThe environment
– Thubten Chökor Ling is located in the centre of a peatland; a landscape of rich biodiversity and environmental significance. Creating a permanent home for the Dharma will ensure that our conservation and environmental goals will be consistently pursued and given appropriate priority, thereby benefiting all beings.